Notes for this version: NEW FEATURES:
- GPS-290 support (dhaa :-)
- GPS info screen with satellite data
- Screen rotation in map mode
- Trip reset option added to menu. Trip data does not get reset when you switch to map mode.
- Fixed a bug in TRACK UP mode. (should not switch the mode when approaching to map's boundaries.
NOTE: some features, like gps data re-play & wifi-download are disabled in this version...
This version must be ran under 3.03 custom kernel!
It was briefly tested with 3.03 OE-B custom firmware, but may work with older custom FW version
Notes for this version: Features:
The PSP-290 version has some optimizations which may prevent it from hanging in 3.10 FW..
Faster reverse geodata lookup function...
Hopefully better rendering in GPS mode...
* GPSlim version features most of the things rolled out for PSP-290 version:
* SAT INFO screen (although display is slightly different from PSP-290 due to difference in GPS feeds)
* Better trip stats logic - you can now jump in to map mode w/o loosing the trip stats.
* Map rotation in map mode
* Faster reverse geodata lookup
* alpha sort in map/attraction menues..
* Note: NMEA recording is currently disabled, untill I workout a better logic and interface to support it..
Since GPS-mode rendering logic was changed in both versions you may need to adjust SPEEDFACTOR value in config.txt to allow smother scrolling...
Notes for this version: features basic localization support (allowing you to read and write in your language of choice), basic sound, and some improvements in geo search logic, which should allow for a more relaxed search.
Notes for this version: * Generic serial GPS receivers support (Holux gpslim236-240, M1000-1200 and others) for slim psp
* One version of the program (FW3.XX) supports both PSP-290 and Holux receivers.
* Type of receiver can now be selected via configuration screen:
* ENABLESERIALPORT=1 - Holux / serial port gps devices
* ENABLESERIALPORT=0 - PSP-290 support (Note that due to FW limitations the version for 1.0-1.5 firmware does not have support for PSP-290 receiver).
* WIFI upload should now work in all versions of the program. (must be enabled with LOADWIFI=1 flag)
* Variable map scroll speed (controlled via CURSORSPEED=..)
* Zoom in/out animation (toggled with SMOOTHZOOM=1)
* Smooth transition between 2D and bird-view modes
* Sound output controlled programatically in FW3.xx version. (applies to serial port gps devices only)
* If during program starup the audio/serial connector is not plugged in, the sound is routed to internal speakers.
* Rotating POI icons, better rendering of compass arrows, etc
* Numerous rendering optiomizations (as of v05.05)
* Misc bug fixes
* Code cleanup
* Source code included
MapThis! v0.5.20 comes with its own Readme.txt which contains information on installation and other reminders from Deniska. Be sure to read the documentation first before doing anything to avoid any problems.